Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Big News! Cookbook Complete and Moving to Maine!

Philippians 4:6-7
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

This has been my constant prayer lately, that God would provide, and that I would allow myself to experience, "the peace which surpasses all understanding."  God has graciously answered this request time and again.  There has been a lot on my plate lately, most of it very good and chosen, but still a lot.  I have missed meeting you here on my blog and appreciate your loyalty and patience with me.  ; )

I have some big news to share!  News item #1 is that I completed writing on my new cookbook!  "Country Mama Hippie Chic's Gluten-Free Guide to the Kitchen: Real Food for Real People on a Real Budget" is finally done!  I was able to work with an incredible illustrator, Marcy A Comnick, to bring some God-focusing whimsy to the pages.  She did an incredible job and I can't wait for you to see her beautiful drawings!  My editor, Kaylee, also was a tremendous help in keeping the message relevant, focused and readable.  My heart is full from the love and dedication shown by these two ladies.  


Do you want to order a copy of the cookbook, full of real food recipes, complete with food-sensitivity tagging on each recipe to help you find recipes appropriate for you and all of your friends and family?  Do you want to learn more about going gluten-free, meal planning on a budget, and getting the kids involved in the kitchen?  Great!  Just send me an email at bouncybrandi@gmail.com and I'll be sure to add your name to the pre-order list.  In the meantime, if you know any publishers that may be interested in this project, please send them my way!  Once the book is published I'll write again with all the ordering details!

News item #2 is that I am about to move from Texas to Maine!  My family has been offered an incredible opportunity to take care of a friend's property up there, so off we go to an entirely new lifestyle!  We have been looking to make some major life changes, including living more "off the land" and spending more time in nature and more down time as a family, and we feel God has provided for our wants and our needs.  Look for updates in the coming months as we adjust to this simpler, more minimalist way of life.  


Much love to you all!

Country Mama Hippie Chic
aka Brandi Schunk
bouncybrandi@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment