Friday, October 3, 2014

Flavorful Friday! Spinach Watermelon Refresher Recipe


Flavorful Friday!  Spinach Watermelon Refresher Recipe

John 4:14 New International Version “but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

Even as fall firmly establishes itself with cooler temperatures across the region on the heels of a big storm, I thought I would give Watermelon one last hurrah of the season.  As of last week, Watermelon could be found at bargain prices, and perhaps you still have a few ripening in the remains of your summer garden.  Here is a recipe I put together this summer that instantly became one of my favorites.  I love this beverage on hot summer day as a nice afternoon pick me up, and it could serve as breakfast as well.  Not to mention, this is a great way to get kids excited about drinking their greens!  Enjoy!

Also today I wonder if you might do me a quick favor?  Some people have noted that they signed up on my blog to receive emails when I post a new blog entry, but they have not been receiving any notifications.  If you have entered your email on my site, will you kindly let me know if you are or are not receiving these updates?  Thanks so much for helping me deliver these health-minded messages to you in a timely manner.  = )

Yours truly,

~ Country Mama Hippie Chic
AKA Brandi Schunk


Spinach Watermelon Refresher
Servings: 1
Prep time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:
1 Handful Chopped Cold Watermelon
2 Handfuls Fresh Spinach, washed
1 Handful Ice Cubes
½ C Filtered Water (or Water Kefir or Kombucha)

Instructions:
Place all ingredients in blender and blend well.  Serve in a tall glass and enjoy!

Options:
-Add some of your favorite Protein Powder
-Add ½ - 1 C Yogurt or Milk Kefir

1 comment: