Friday, November 14, 2014

Flavorful Friday: Gluten-Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies Recipe!

Romans 15:14 NIV
"I myself am convinced, my brothers and sisters, that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with knowledge and competent to instruct one another."


I believe that God has put in each of us a strong heart, a guide between right and wrong, good and evil.  We know deep in our heart of hearts how to live full and satisfying lives, yet sometimes we stray.  How wonderful to have friends and loved ones in our lives to remind us of our goodness, to steer us back onto the path that is straight and narrow.  It takes bravery and courage to speak truth in love to someone who may be making poor choices.  I recently rebuked a dear friend when I noticed her doing something that seemed out of alignment with the life she says she wants, with the person I know her to be.  It has been truly inspiring to watch her take in this information with the love with which it was offered, and to use this insight to transform her life and her actions.  I hope that when someone approaches me to instruct me in my ways that I can handle it with the grace and dignity she has shown.

To celebrate her, today I offer this fabulous Gluten Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookie Recipe!  She recently surprised me with some yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies, so here is my return favor.  With pumpkin in abundance in the grocery stores this month, here's a new way to try this healthy ingredient in a whole new way.

How have you used pumpkin lately?  I'd love to hear from you in comments below!

Yours truly,

Country Mama Hippie Chic
aka Brandi Schunk
bouncybrandi@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/CountryMamaHippieChic

PS- Keep an eye out on my Facebook page this weekend for on-the-spot updates from the Gluten & Allergen Free Expo in Dallas!  Click here to get your discounted pre-event tickets now!

PPS- I'll be posting in the coming weeks sharing highlights from the Gluten & Allergen Free Expo that starts TOMORROW in Dallas!  Dallas Market Hall - North Hall, 2200 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75207.  I'm so excited!



Gluten Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies


Gluten Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies Recipe

This recipe is loosely based on a list of ingredients that a relative told me after sharing her cookies with our family.  Her cookies used wheat flour and called for a lot more sugar, so I set out to make a healthier, gluten-free treat.  This cookie is very mild, so you’ll want to add more sugars or honey if you like things a little sweeter.  This recipe is also very forgiving, so feel free to experiment with ingredients and measurements, and add the optional ingredients to fit your own personal taste.

Ingredients:

1 Can (15oz) 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 Egg, beaten, at or near room temperature
1 Tbsp Butter, softened
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ C Sugar
1 Tbsp Honey
½ C Almond Flour or Almond Meal
¼ C Coconut Flour
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
½ tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of Nutmeg
Pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
1 C Uncooked Old-Fashioned Oats


Instructions:

In a medium bowl mix Pumpkin, Egg, Butter, Vanilla, Sugar, and Honey.  Beat on low speed until well blended.  In a small bowl combine Almond Flour or Meal, Coconut Flour, Chia Seeds, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Celtic Sea Salt.  Whisk gently to mix all dry ingredients together.  Slowly add dry ingredients to wet mix, blending on medium until well combined.  Add Oats, stirring with a spoon until oats are fully incorporated into the mix.

Using hands, make Tablespoon size balls of dough and flatten them to about ¼” thick, making a cookie that is about 2” wide.  Place cookies an inch apart onto parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake in preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15-17 minutes, or until firm and slightly browned around the edges.  Remove to a wire rack to cool.  Store in a container with a lid sitting on top, but not sealed.

Serve warm with a big, cold glass of your favorite milk and enjoy!
This cookie is great for breakfast, dessert, or just as a snack!


Optional Ingredients:
Chopped Pecans
Brown Sugar
Molasses
Maple Syrup
Pumpkin Pie Spice

No comments:

Post a Comment