Saturday, March 21, 2015

Flavorful Friday: Lemon Ginger Tonic Recipe


1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NASB
"19Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body."

Although this passage in Biblical scripture is referencing something entirely different, I think we can safely apply this same principle to the way we eat.  If our body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, then doesn't it make sense that we would treat it with care, that we would nourish it and give it the best we have available?  I have found for myself that when I fill my body with whole food goodness, I feel better, I am happier, I am more energetic, and I am more likely to do the work that God places before me.  When I fill my body with "pseudo foods", substances that are chemically ladened, highly processed, or otherwise altered from their naturally occurring state, I find myself tired, grumpy and in physical pain to the point that I would rather play small than play big.  How about you?  What do you know to be true about what you eat and how you feel?  Comment below...

As always, 

Happy Crunching!

Country Mama Hippie Chic
aka Brandi Schunk
bouncybrandi@gmail.com
http://countrymamahippiechic.blogspot.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I feel like I need an "undo" for some of the poor food choices I have made.  While that's not really an option, I found this drink to be a helpful substitute when my system needs a reset.  The anti-inflammatory properties of many of the ingredients in this Lemon Ginger Tonic are great at helping me feel better so I can go play BIG!


Lemon Ginger Tonic Recipe

Ingredients:

12 oz Filtered or Spring Water
1 inch Fresh Ginger, peeled and quartered
1 tsp Raw Honey
½ Lemon, squeezed
1 tsp Organic Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar with “The Mother”
⅛ tsp Turmeric Powder
⅛ tsp Celtic Sea Salt
2 Ice Cubes

Instructions:

Bring water and ginger to a boil in a small sauce pan covered with a lid.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes.  Strain through a wire mesh strainer into a coffee mug and discard ginger.

Add honey and stir to mix.  Add remaining ingredients (except Ice) and stir to mix.  Add Ice and mix.  Drink slowly and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment