Friday, March 27, 2015

Flavorful Friday- Roasted Bell Peppers Recipe!

John 6:35 ESV
"Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.""


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been awhile since I shared an easy side dish for dinner, so here's one of my and my husband's favorites.  Not such a hit with our kiddo, he is not a fan of Bell Peppers, this is one dish that I usually let him skip and I give him some raw green beans and grape tomatoes instead.  I like this dish because it is quick and easy to prepare, and is versatile as well.  You can serve these Roasted Bell Peppers and Red Onions aside fish or chicken, or even beef or pork if you like.  You could also serve them atop rice or pasta or salad.  The possibilities are endless.  I would love to hear how you pair these up for lunch or dinner, or even breakfast!

As always, 

Happy Crunching!


Country Mama Hippie Chic
aka Brandi Schunk
bouncybrandi@gmail.com


Roasted Bell Peppers Recipe


Ingredients:


1 Red Bell Pepper, washed, seeded and quartered
1 Green Bell Pepper, washed, seeded and quartered
1 Red Onion, peeled and quartered
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ tsp Celtic Sea Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper Medley, to taste


Instructions:


Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.


Add all ingredients to a large, lidded container.  Place lid firmly on top and gently shake, holding lid in place with your hands, until vegetables are well-covered with oil and seasonings.


Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and pour vegetables out onto it.  Bake for about 20 minutes, or until desired consistency is attained.


Optional:
Vegetables could be placed, alternating, on a skewer before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment